No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Walther clock - ID = Walther "Kent"  (Read 1266 times)

Offline mrs vulture

• Members
    • Norwich, England
Walther clock - ID = Walther "Kent"
« on: June 18, 2013, 05:33:35 AM »
Hi, I just bought this lovely clock at the local car boot.  I thought it was probably by Walther, the clock movement is the same size and type as my other two Walther clocks. But I can't find any pictures of one like it in the normal places I look .  Its 6 inches tall (15cms)  7 inches (18cms) across the bottom. The diamond shape pattern goes all round the back too. Its so hard taking photos of clear glass !  Bit of wear on the base. Any help would be lovely. Cheers Cheryl.

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
Re: Walther clock?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 06:58:21 AM »
Just a tip on taking pictures of glass. I put my glass/crystal on a small box on a window sill and take the picture from an angle looking up to the glass I can't upload a picture at the moment but its the best way I have found.        Peter
Pete. :-)

Offline rosecottagesales

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 09:33:09 AM »
Looks like Walther "Kent" clock

Cheers
Brenton

Offline mrs vulture

• Members
    • Norwich, England
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 05:37:56 AM »
thanks Pete, I will try next time I have problems taking photos the way you suggest. I thought a dark background would help but its still hard to see the details.    And thank you Brenton for the positive ID.    I found the Walther catalogue on line for the Oxford clock, its similar to the Kent clock, Now I need an Oxford one too!!!      ;D      I have never seen either clock before, are they not popular as I love mine?     ;D    Thanks again Cheryl

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand