No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Can anybody help with this Millefiore paperweight !!!  (Read 2078 times)

Offline Artifarti

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
Can anybody help with this Millefiore paperweight !!!
« on: June 19, 2013, 11:43:50 AM »
Hi,
Im new here, so If I get this wrong, I apologise in advance !
Can anyone who knows thier millefiore paperweights identify this one.... I normally only collect murano and the odd bit of caithness.... but I found this one at a car boot sale at the weekend, and it just, well has a feeling of quality... so I was wondering, can anyone tell me if its a good one, or did I waste my £2 :-/
Hope youcan help, and thank you in anticpation
regards
Sue

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Can anybody help with this Millefiore paperweight !!!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 11:48:08 AM »
Welcome the the board. Well worth £2. Can't be sure but it's either Strathearn or Perthshire. The diameter is required for an exact designation

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Artifarti

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 05:41:17 PM »
Ohh Thank you, that helps me hunt it down ! Its dimensions are 8cm in width and only 5 anna half tall.... its slightly squished :-)
thank  you once again
regards
Sue

Offline tropdevin

• Members
    • Paperweights
    • England
    • The Paperweight People
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 09:08:57 PM »
I would vote for an early Perthshire PP1.

Alan
Alan  (The Paperweight People  https://www.pwts.co.uk)

"There are two rules for ultimate success in life. Number 1: Never tell everything you know."

The comments in this posting reflect the opinion of the author, Alan Thornton, and not that of the owners, administrators or moderators of this board. Comments are copyright Alan Thornton.

Offline Artifarti

• Members
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 04:07:09 AM »
Thank you ! you were spot on ! I went straight out and found it, with your help :-) thank you so much !
kindest regards
Sue

Offline janettekay

• Members
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 03:43:36 PM »
just wanted to say...I love the color combo of your weight !!!!

Offline Artifarti

• Members
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 05:54:11 PM »
Hiya... thank you, it is nice isn't it? Sadly I don't collect mille thingy, paperweights... so this one will be on ebay by the end of the day .... he was another car boot find :-) Im really lucky in that I have a car boot near me, in which noone knows what they are selling , and a large number of weathly older people live here.... so good glass is easy to find (especially if you get there by 6.30am)  ohhh and it helps that I can spot a piece of glass at 110mtrs even if it IS under a cloth in a cardboard box and still in the boot of someones car !!  :-)))))

Offline janettekay

• Members
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2013, 08:13:31 PM »
Hiya... thank you, it is nice isn't it? Sadly I don't collect mille thingy, paperweights... so this one will be on ebay by the end of the day .... he was another car boot find :-) Im really lucky in that I have a car boot near me, in which noone knows what they are selling , and a large number of weathly older people live here.... so good glass is easy to find (especially if you get there by 6.30am)  ohhh and it helps that I can spot a piece of glass at 110mtrs even if it IS under a cloth in a cardboard box and still in the boot of someones car !!  :-)))))

USA Ebay?

Offline Artifarti

• Members
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2013, 10:17:16 PM »
Noooooo.... Uk ebay, havent put him up yet, Im waiting on a rare caithness that I found last weekend to finish... sounds silly, but I just like to put up one or two pieces every so often... its fun to watch the bidding ...This one will go on tomorrow, because the caithness will finish tomorrow.... and then I shall have a week of seeing what happens .... its like a slightly daft hobby :-)
Sue

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand