No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Czech. Sky Blue Vase? I.d Request  (Read 594 times)

Offline Otis Orlando

• Members
    • England
Czech. Sky Blue Vase? I.d Request
« on: June 26, 2013, 12:04:32 AM »
Hi, I'm hopeing someone will be able to identify this beautiful pressed vase, possibly made in the 60's. It has the same qualities similar to the Sklo Union bullet vase, but other than that, I am not able to retrieve any information regarding the maker or origin.   The base definately shows signs of ware.     Tbh I have not seen this style before.  The vase has three seams.  Height 17.6cm, rim 9.5cm and weight 500g.   Unfortunately I currently do not have access to my Hi/Lo Sklo Book by Mark Hill.   If anyone has this book, could you be kind enough to let me know if this vase is shown.  I just can't recall ever seeing this shape before.  I appreciate any help you can provide.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Re: Czech. Sky Blue Vase? I.d Request
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 04:41:16 AM »
Hi Otis,

Your vase is Czech. It was designed by Vaclav Hanus for Rudolfova Hut c. 1960. The catalogue number is 13096.  It's not show in Hi Sklo Lo Sklo, but it is in Marcus Newhall's "Sklo Union" on page 103.

It's an interesting vase... good find!
Anik

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Otis Orlando

• Members
    • England
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 12:54:25 AM »
Hi Anik,   Firstly I must thank you ever so much.   I've had this vase for a week now and unable to find any information via. the search engine.   Considering that it is a pressed vase, one would have thought there would be multiples and in different sizes/colours. A rarity might be feasible to state, do you think?   I am only asking, as I have no idea.  I have acquired many Sklo Union vases over the years, but never have I seen one like this. ::)

It's an interesting vase... good find!
Anik

Out of interest, is the one in Marcus Newalls book the same size and colour?

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 04:14:27 AM »
Hi again,

The one in Marcus' book is amethyst. A good source for postwar Czech pressed glass is http://sklo-union-glass.com/ .  I wouldn't call your piece 'rare', but I do think it's a little less common than some other pieces we find.  :)

Anik

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Otis Orlando

• Members
    • England
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2013, 01:12:07 AM »
Hi Anik,  Thank you for the link.  If not rare, so be it! :(.  Still a nice find though  ;D.   I really appreciate all your help.  I wish I could return the favour.  ::)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand