No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Need Assistance with Artist Identification  (Read 1099 times)

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
Re: Need Assistance with Artist Identification
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2013, 10:03:51 PM »
??

May we have some more pics of the inside, and the whole bottom (etc)?

I know we are just going by a photo here, so wondering IF we could have some more.  I am wondering ( and just going to throw this out there ) based on the only 2 current pics we have......Might this be pottery?  Raku?

The only reason why I am saying this is because I note a one blemish on the vase pic and it looks more like a blemish you might see on Pottery.  Also ??? the signature on the bottom seems a bit too white in color to be glass ( doesn't it ) and more wide, and more carved like?? ?? ?? than one would expect to find in Glass.  Again -- Just saying this based upon only 2 pics

I do not know......and maybe more pics will help.    One time here myself (in the beginning) I thought a piece of Glass was pottery......so it does happen.  It has happened to others also, so anything is possible when only looking at a couple pics.  May be wrong -- but this is a discussion board -- and never hurts to search all options.

(( Think we have Stone, and Soapstone, and other pottery pieces that looked so much like Glass in the past here on the board....... so it does happen....  ))

So again, just throwing this to the wind.......and I wear Glasses here.....LOL  (getting old, old eyes )  8)
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Bill Vitez

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Contemporary Art Glass
    • United States
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2013, 05:21:14 PM »
Thank you Antique Rose for the offer to assist. Sorry it took a while to reply but we had a family member in the hospital. I understand your comments regarding the piece possibly being pottery (actually it could be taken for such without being internally lit) and realized that I did not mention that it is translucent (allowing light to pass through) and is definitely ruby red glass that has been treated on the surface. The base is perfectly flat, smooth and has a sharp clean edge around its perimeter. It was definitely blown. I have run across pieces that were difficult to distinguish between glass and ceramic until closely examined.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Bill Vitez

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Contemporary Art Glass
    • United States
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2013, 05:24:39 PM »
Hi Greg, Thanks for the link to the picture. If it isn't the same artist it seems to employ the same technique. The vase I posted is a deep ruby red glass.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand