Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > British & Irish Glass

Victorian Scalloped Pine Decor Platter = ID = Jobling fir cone

<< < (2/2)

Otis Orlando:

--- Quote from: Paul S. on July 20, 2013, 09:04:00 AM ---Otis - hope you don't mind - am attaching three pix which show some other non-opalescent shapes in this pattern  -  yours is a nice piece by the way, but as you'll see, you have a long way to go to complete the set ;D

--- End quote ---

I don't mind in the slightest Paul.  I am  just so pleased that my piece has now been identified, thanks to Mosquito.   I  acknowledge that the pattern No. is 5000 and would not have known this without help.  I think what threw me was the regd. no. that applied to a variant amount of glass pieces.   Just to let you know, I have no intention of attempting to obtain the set.  This was one that I just found of interest during my other purchases.   I don't think mine is no comparison to the ones I have just visited in the flicr set and your pics. :(

Thanks for letting me know Fred.   I should have referred to this site during my initial search ::).

All your help is very much appreciated. :)

Lustrousstone:
The registered design numbers (but not always) and even the pattern numbers often (but not always) refer to the design on the glass NOT the shape of the item, particularly for British stuff.

Otis Orlando:
Noted!  Thanks for letting us know Christine. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version