No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Uranium Glass Vase with two Cranes  (Read 683 times)

Offline mhgcgolfclub

• Members
Uranium Glass Vase with two Cranes
« on: July 28, 2013, 03:25:10 PM »
Help please to ID this uranium glass vase with 2 cranes. I feel that I should know but cannot find another example at present.
Its the second example I have seen in the last three weeks. I thought Josef Inwald may have been a possibility.

Height 10" / 26cm

Thanks Roy

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Ohio

• Members
    • Glass USA & Art Deco Lamps
Re: Uranium Glass Vase with two Cranes
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 03:38:26 PM »
Roy I believe its Libochovice. I have one with Ormolu but its crystal. Ken

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline mhgcgolfclub

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 12:22:07 PM »
Thanks for the ID Ken  .

Roy

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 03:15:51 PM »
Had a quick look at the Sklo Union CD, although unable to see this particular pattern  -  might have missed it of course.

Grateful for enlightenment.........  what does 'crystal' mean in this instance - I had this notion that it applied to clear glass only?? :-\    Sorry if I've mis-understood.

Offline Ohio

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 04:13:40 PM »
Paul the one in my post is clear glass just satinized while the stork is left clear so I used crystal. Tried to find the catalog I was referred to couple of years back & although I did find it under 1939-48 ( I believe that was the one referred) & the PDF would not open for some reason.

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 05:42:44 PM »
Thanks Ken.            Czechoslovakian glass not been my thing for some time - I looked at the CD simply out of interest, especially as you hadn't quoted any pattern Nos., which thought I might offer to Roy, if I could find it.

I suspect we have a 'depends which side of the pond you're on' thing with this crystal interpretation.           I think in the U.K. we tend to reserve this description for clear pieces that have a lead content  - but I suspect just one of those words that has been ill-used along life's highway. ;D

Offline Ohio

• Members
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2013, 04:20:10 AM »
Paul I agree & it just all depends on local slang. Around here if the glass is clear we just say crystal with any reference to lead content. Matter of fact we still say flint on the older stuff that contains lead even though everybody knows better...just local way of saying things even if its technically incorrect.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand