No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Clear glass vase, RD 779312, 1932/3 – precise registration details, please?  (Read 1109 times)

Offline agincourt17

• Members
    • Pressed glass 1840-1900
    • Wales
A clear pressed glass vase, the base with raised “Regd No 799312”. 24cm tall.

Not listed at
http://www.great-glass.co.uk/glass%20notes/regnos09.htm

(The design should have been registered between 15 December 1932 and 13 February 1933).

Is the number in the Blue Book, please? If so, would some kind member let me have the precise registration details, please?

(Permission for the re-use of this image on the GMB granted by ianlloyd67).

Fred.

Offline keith

• Members
Can't find either 779312 or 799312,sorry Fred, ::) ;D

Offline agincourt17

• Members
    • Wales
Thank you again, Keith.

Apologies for the typo in the text - the RD number in the header, i..e. 779312, is the correct number.

Another number for the GMB RD lookup list then! (probably another Class 4 registration).

Fred

Offline Paul S.

• Members
I've taken pix from the Representations, and can confirm that your image corresponds to Rd. 779312,  although as is often the case the pictures book lacks any text.                    Regret to say that earlier today the Register was on loan out to A.N. OTHER, so unable to check the wording.
Will have to wait until another day.
You can have a copy of the Kew picture of the vase if of any use.

Offline agincourt17

• Members
    • Wales
Thank you, Paul.

I'll forgo the picture as it mostly the registrant and registration date that interest me.

Fred.

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Would seem two Rd. Nos. allocated on this date, both to the same Registrant, although one not used.               
Trust you can read the details, if not I do have higher magnified images. :)

Offline agincourt17

• Members
    • Wales
Thank you, Paul. Most satisfactory.

This is the second Jack L. Barnett Class 4 registration for a glass vase that you have ‘discovered’ for me recently, the other being RD 809140 of 18 January 1946; see
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,53179.msg302789.html#msg302789

I see that Jack L. Barnett is also linked to a Festival of Britain commemorative vase in reply #16 of
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,41048.0.html
which is, in its turn, associated with a Bagley 1953 Coronation commemorative vase, so there is again some evidence for a possible association between Barnett (based in central Leeds) and Bagley of Knottingley (only a few miles away).

Fred.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand