No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: RD 792836 – frosted green uranium glass powder bottle – registrations details?  (Read 4875 times)

Offline agincourt17

• Members
    • Pressed glass 1840-1900
    • Wales
Thank you, Paul.

Slightly more complicated than usual:

15 May 1939, No 792836.

Then ....“20 March 1940, No. 792836. In pursuance of an  application made by Frank Kemp (British Subject) of Finsbury Pavement House, 120, Norgate, London EC2 registered as proprietors by virtue of a deed dated 20 February 1940 made between Walter Kay Limited  liquidators of the first part, Harry Greenwood the liquidators thereof of the second part and Frank Kemp of the third part.”

Frank Kemp was clearly in financial difficulty of some kind. I wonder if it was as a result of the London blitz? The design registration was presumably seen as being of sufficient value to be counted as an asset by the liquidators.

I will ask the moderators to remove the post from the GMB RD lookup list now.

Fred.

Offline Paul S.

• Members
seems I should have added the other full page picture to show more details.          I'll add one more pic tomorrow and you'll see the story more accuratelyl, I hope. :)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
seems that these pix of the Register don't show adequate details - so have now added a wider view which shows what I hope is the complete story, and would appear this copyright ran for something like 15 years in total.           Let me know Fred if this provides what you need.

Offline agincourt17

• Members
    • Pressed glass 1840-1900
    • Wales
Thank you for the extra info, Paul.

If I have the gist correct now:

RD 792836 first registered on 16 May 1934 by Walter Kay Limited, 224/5 Finsbury Pavement House, Moorgate, London, EC2.

Copyright renewed by Walter Kay Limited on 15 May 1939.

20 March 1940: Walter Kay Limited is in liquidation, and the liquidators (Henry Greenwood) have transferred the copyright to Frank Kemp as proprietor.

Fred.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand