No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Caithness Prism series?  (Read 2407 times)

Offline BobKegeles

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Caithness Paperweights
    • USA
    • Bubbles Baubles and Blown Glass
Caithness Prism series?
« on: August 21, 2013, 09:45:46 PM »
Hi, I'm listing this piece as a Caithness on my ebay store, it is unmarked, but when I bought it 5 or 6 years ago, I bought it as a Caithness. Does anyone have any info on it? Perhaps it's part of the Prism series from the '80s, but it sticks in my mind that it was produced in 2005 /2006 time period.

I'm listing about 30 Caithness pieces on my store, including some rare and unusual pieces, like the etched crystal piece Swan Lake, from the '70s.

http://stores.ebay.com/Bubbles-Baubles-and-Blown-Glass?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Bob

By the way, I post only my own photos in my store, and anyone is welcome to copy them for any purpose. I honestly cannot see why I shouldn't let people use them.
Bob Kegeles

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Wuff

• Members
    • Scotland's Glass
Re: Caithness Prism series?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 10:02:28 PM »
Enigma Glacier - see here.

Thank you for your general permission to use your images ... I'll check your store for images useful for Scotland's Glass.
Wolf Seelentag, St.Gallen
Interested in any aspect of Scottish glass? Have a look at Scotland's Glass.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline BobKegeles

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Caithness Paperweights
    • USA
    • Bubbles Baubles and Blown Glass
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 11:11:52 PM »
Thanks Wolf, I've corrected my ebay listing for this. I must say your Scotland Glass site has been invaluable.

I searched and searched for this piece on the site, but had no luck finding it.

I've also searched for a way to register on the site, and had no luck finding that either, lol. I find "sign in" easily enough, but not register.

The two pieces I didn't find on the site, that I will be listing tomorrow, are Celeste, (I have #468 of 500) and Emerald Vision (I have 239 of 750). I also have Pastel (unlimited) in Lavender/Blue, I could only find the Gold shown.
Bob Kegeles

Offline chriscooper

• Members
    • Harrogate UK
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 01:16:26 PM »
Hi Bob the blue molar bowl is Whitefriars 9294 in Sapphire blue

http://www.whitefriars.com/catalogues/contents.php?pageNum_catalogue=2&totalRows_catalogue=271&id=85

Chris

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Wuff

• Members
    • Scotland's Glass
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 09:41:58 PM »
I searched and searched for this piece on the site, but had no luck finding it.
Scotland's Glass (talking of Caithness only) is far from complete. So whenever I see a Caithness question on this forum I can answer (e.g. by showing images) I do that - as in the above mentioned thread with the catalogue image of the Enigma series.

I have almost 2000 additional Caithness images on my hard disk - the team would need support in integrating these images into the online database.

I've also searched for a way to register on the site, and had no luck finding that either, lol. I find "sign in" easily enough, but not register.
There used to be a forum on the site - which didn't survive the software update - well, Frank may not have tried too hard, as GMB serves the "Scottish Glass Community" very well. So there is nothing (which comes to my mind) where visitors would want to sign in. There is a sign in for contributors, of course, editing the site content.

If I'm wrong, I'm sure Frank will correct me ;).

Best regards - Wolf
Wolf Seelentag, St.Gallen
Interested in any aspect of Scottish glass? Have a look at Scotland's Glass.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand