Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > British & Irish Glass

Who said Chance glass wasn't collectable?

(1/23) > >>

David E:
Now the auction has finished I can point everyone to it:

Posy (Handkerchief) Vase

With less than two hours to go this was stuck at £28.00, but finished at £200.50 — sure, it's a very uncommon one but I'm quite staggered :shock:

Jeez, most Venini fazzolettos don't realise that. Oh, and Birmingham has more canals than Venice as well! :lol:

vidrioguapo:
Well...knock me down with a feather!!! Unbelievable!!!! Maybe I should think seriously about selling my Cut Pearl intaglio set?   Just be my luck it would die a death!!!  Emmi

Max:
bludddyyyyyyy hellllllll!  That is truly amazing!  :shock:  :shock:

I'm lost for words.  It does seem truly extraordinary.   :shock:  

Like Emmi says though...if I were to sell my Escher vases, they'd probably go for £2.50 or something.  THere's just no telling with Ebay which way it'll go.  :?

David E:
Emmi, the Cut Pearl should realise a much higher price, but as with all things the presentation is all-important. If you want me to write a little html code that you can insert into the eBay listing, this should enhance it. You shouldn't have a problem with your photos though, but a really detailed close-up would help I reckon. 8)

List it on Friday evening for 10-days. That way you get two weekends coverage and it finishes on a Monday (quiet and therefore less opposition IMHO)

Max: same applies! :)

vidrioguapo:
David, thanks so much for your offer....I have now got to grips with the basic e-bay html + border thing theyn offer....and it would still look better than this one that's just gone.  Trouble is I am up to my eyes in a moving house operation amongst other things taking up so much time, but I may now seriously consider it.  I noticed this one was an open auction starting at about £2.00.....Scarey! But i also think a high BIN price is also scarey for buyers!  What do you think?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version