No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Isle of wight and Mdina glass book by Mark Hiil and fab Venetian Goblets +W/Fs  (Read 6395 times)

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
What dust in Surrey don't you have servants ?   A  tad over £100 just right for Christmas one of the under bidders was looking for a signed one . if you list I will let her know .

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Paul S.

• Members
thanks jp.                 Coincidentally, I shall be seeing Mark in the New Year  -  he's giving a chat at the V. & A. together with Judith Miller, and adising where to shove your surplus shekels in a talk entitled  'Investing For The Future'  -  a sort of 'what's going to be collectible in the coming years, but don't blame me if it goes wrong'.............   unfortunately, don't think I shall live that long to realize my investment.          However, as a V & A member, thought I'd go along and give support - they give a free cup of tea and bun afterwards, and when you're a pensioner in penury these little trifles add up - I always manage to get seconds ;)

Know you'll think me thick, but I have no abilities to handle ebay  -  buy occasionally - but don't have the inclination or knowledge to sell.
As I said earlier mine is mint, signed by Mark and includes the value estimates list.
I've already asked an acquaintance, who I believe is an ebayer, if she might do the sale for me - although not had a reply yet.         
Is it poss. that you can give the interested under bidder my email and then we can do the deal (cheque to be cashed before posting etc.) outside ebay??  -  or is that not an option.

What with the Gov's. heating hand-out, plus what I might make on this..............streuth will I have a Christmas to remember ;D   at least I might if the OH wasn't a Witness. :'(

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Paul S.

• Members
I've been fortunate............another lady has offered to assist and sell on ebay for me  -  I'm lucky to have such friends.
It'll be going on air either Monday or Tuesday. :)

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
Mark is supposed to be coming to me , as you know he is hard to tie down to when , he is interested in my collection , I will pass on the info about your book , I know this person was just a tad under £100  as an under bidder , I have been thinking its time I went back to the V&A so may see you there . Good luck with the book .cheers
jp

Offline Paul S.

• Members
the lady and I are in communication John  -  many thanks. :)

Offline aa

• Glass Professional
  • Members
    • http://www.adamaaronson.com
John - in Surrey one doesn't have a shed...............one has a workshop, don't ya know.... ;)

Having just moved to Surrey.... ;-)
Hello & Welcome to the Board! Sometimes my replies are short & succinct, other times lengthy. Apologies in advance if they are not to your satisfaction; my main concern is to be accurate for posterity & to share my limited knowledge
For information on exhibitions & events and to see images of my new work join my Facebook group
https://www.facebook.com/adamaaronsonglass
Introduction to Glassblowing course:a great way to spend an afternoon http://www.zestgallery.com/glass.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand