No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: What"s this all about?  (Read 4680 times)

Offline bat20

• Members
    • east sussex
Re: What"s this all about?
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2019, 10:29:45 AM »
Interesting!,thanks m I'll follow that lead.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2019, 02:28:01 PM »
I have a friend who is Croatian who said he'll have a look at it, if I remember to print it off and show him next week.
I'll try to remember.
m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2020, 09:30:31 PM »
I did not remember to take this to said friend and it's now not possible. However I came across another document today (not checked if it's the one I previously linked to ) but immediately I saw the glass and some of the writing, I thought of your becher! particularly the writing on the goblet on seite 43.  So going on gut instinct, there might be something in it :)
The document is from Pressglas-korrespondenz - the glass is from Osredek Croatia if I can understand it correctly:

https://pressglas-korrespondenz.de/aktuelles/pdf/pk-2015-2w-vorgic-osredek-kroatien-zeittafel.pdf

update - I've just checked and it's not the same link I provided previously.  However the glass on the link I provided is I think in this document as well.  So there is more than one item in PGK that reminds me of your becher. 
The becher on page 9 (dated c.1900) is very similar in shape and also in the design effect somehow.

I hope I'm right  ;D  I think I am  ;)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline bat20

• Members
    • east sussex
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2020, 08:12:47 PM »
Looks promising,thanks m!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia