No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Are these cups Webb ?  (Read 422 times)

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
Are these cups Webb ?
« on: November 06, 2013, 07:34:07 PM »
I have 5, was six  >:(, of these small amber/gold cups. They came with a lot of vintage Webb Crystal. They are 6cm in height. The colour looks similar to other Webb pieces I have seen but am unable to search these out. Are they custards ? Thanks.
Pete. :-)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: Are these cups Webb ?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 08:53:15 PM »
I don't think this all over pale barley-sugar was a T/Webb colour, and although the factory didn't always use a backstamp, that flat bottom doesn't look very T/Webb ish to me.           The majority of handled custards seem to have had stems of some sort, but there were a percentage without, so you may be correct.                  Decoration aside, ninety odd percent of custards seem to be clear, with the odd one in cranberry, and only very rarely do other colours occur, but I have them in a sort of amber/brown.            This looks to be about mid C20 or perhaps a tad earlier. :) 
sorry, not very helpful.         

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand