No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Ophir studio - S Beyers and L Hudin  (Read 6256 times)

Offline DragonFly07

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • United States
Re: Ophir studio - S Beyers and L Hudin
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2014, 07:17:47 PM »
We have been fortunate enough to find a Beyers/Hudin vase and are interested if anyone tell us anything about it.  On the bottom it is dated 10/8/81,  has the code of TM157 along with Beyer/Hudid, and is about 4 1/2" tall.  Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline hudin

• Members
    • Barcelona, Spain
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2014, 09:33:22 AM »
That's a hawthorn vase of my father's design.  If it's from 1981, then it would have been made in the studio in Oroville By Scott Beyers and my father, Lee Hudin--probably just by him although they signed everything together.  I haven't any clue as to the number on the bottom and it might have been added later or was used for a specific customer, although I really don't know given that it can't be piece #157 of that year as they made more than 157 pieces in a year.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Ron Linebarger

• Members
    • Paperweights
    • Northern California
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2015, 01:58:04 AM »
Thank you to Mr Hudin (son) for the great information posted about Ophir studio.  I recently acquired a piece of pottery signed Hudin 1992 from the Chico area and it was great information.  Wondering now if it was the work of Mrs. or Mr. Hudin.  Interestingly also is that I also acquired a
petroglyphs paperweight (from the other individual that gained more fame).  Ron

Offline hudin

• Members
    • Barcelona, Spain
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2015, 05:09:15 PM »
Yes, after making glass for several years my father and mother teamed to make Raku pottery, reconfiguring the glass studio at the house to a clay one.  The piece you have would be from their fourth or fifth year in the ceramics studio.  They stopped making the ceramics when my father became too ill to work and after he died my mother hasn't been making ceramics other than on a small scale of personal projects.

Offline Ron Linebarger

• Members
    • Paperweights
    • Northern California
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2015, 11:14:13 PM »
Thank you again Mr. Hudin (not sure if you are Michael or Chris) for enlighting me as to your fathers many artistic skills.  The Raku Pottery vase that I have signed by your dad measures 7" tall and 8 1/2" wide.  It is a white crackle glaze with what appears to be petroglyph deer and maybe racoons runing around on it.  Its a beautiful piece of pottery and now thanks to you I know the history of it.  In a few days I'll try and post a picture of it on this forum, I'm new here so no guarantee.  Thank you again!!
Ron

Offline Ron Linebarger

• Members
    • Paperweights
    • Northern California
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2015, 02:51:50 AM »
I've just posted a picture of a beautiful piece of white crackel pottery (that I recently acquired) it was made at Ophir Studio signed Hudin 9/92.
Ron

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand