No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Looking for CG ring  (Read 2349 times)

Offline solanum

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • United States
Looking for CG ring
« on: November 10, 2013, 06:27:56 PM »
Hello all!

I don't know if this is the appropriate space to be making my plea - but it seemed like the best place.

My mother bought a Caithness glass ring in the late 1970s/early 80s. It was her only lasting memento from this point in her life. I loved this ring, I always thought it was the most interesting and beautiful piece of jewelry. When I went away to university, since she had not actually worn the ring in years, she let me have the ring so it would not be trapped in a box.

I, somehow, in a very distressing day lost the ring. I did what I could to find it, but it was lost--probably on a city bus. I've looked online to try and find some sort of replacement, as close as I could find. I have seen a few on ebay, but nowhere near the greatness of our original.

Doing some research on the web, I think that this is the original model "1973 Birmingham, CG mark, Caithness ID R19" at least, ours had this wonderful branch-looking band and setting.

If anyone is a aware of somewhere I could find a ring like this, or similar in any way, I would greatly appreciate the help. I am desperate to be able to make this up to my mother.

Thanks, Anneka

Link to ring models: http://www.ysartglass.com/PaulYsart/PYP5ring.htm

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Nick77

• Members
Re: Looking for CG ring
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 10:18:56 AM »
Hi
If you search ebay for Caithness ring there are 5 currently listed.

Hopefully one is  match for the one you lost.

Nick

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand