No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Pressed Glass Collectors Club publications needed, please.  (Read 3518 times)

Offline agincourt17

• Members
    • Pressed glass 1840-1900
    • Wales
I have been trying to contact the Pressed Glass Collectors Club (with resounding lack of success). Various former members had provided me with contact details (mainly via Rod Crowshaw, who was, I believe, the main man or President) but none of the contact details have proved operational, so I presume that the PGCC is no longer in existence.

I know that the PGCC published a number of printed booklets, and I would like to buy as many different ones as possible. Does anyone know if the publications are still available, or does anyone have copies that they would like to sell me? I need the publications for my own reference, not for resale.

If needs be, potential sellers can email me direct through the GMB.

Fred.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Mosquito

• Members
    • 中国 (China)
    • Jobling Art Glass
Re: Pressed Glass Collectors Club publications needed, please.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 02:45:20 AM »
I have their Jobling book and three booklet set on 30s pressed glass, I think it's called something like Forgotten Glass. I'm currently in China at the moment, but, assuming I can dig them out when I get back to the UK in August, I am more than happy to send them to you free of charge.

The set of three booklets is stapled, while the Jobling book is spiral bound.

The three volume set has several misattributions and misspellings as well as some erroneous information regarding the production dates of Davidson's Cloud Glass (wrongly states that Davidson cloud wasn't produced post-war, just old stock was 'finished'). The illustrations are a mixture of catalogue drawings and photographs seemingly taken from the web. The quality of most images is very low, though enough for identification purposes. Some images have been stretched, altering their proportions, while one or two others appear to have been tinted/ coloured.

The Jobling book is better and illustrates most of the catalogued patterns, the only things missing are the fox and hart salts. The book also includes the same images of post-1937 registered designs as are seen in Baker and Crowe. The book is quite a useful identification guide, but has little text and what there is is unreferenced. Baker and Crowe is a far far better book and includes much more information and higher-quality images.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline agincourt17

• Members
    • Wales
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 07:57:02 AM »
Thank you for your kind offer, Steven. Every little helps.

I will email you directly with my personal details.

In anticipation,

Fred.

Offline wolkenreb

• Members
    • Edinburgh, UK
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 02:26:11 PM »
Hello. I have one of their spiral bound booklets 'Trash to Treasure The History & Identification of English Pressed Glass' containing 'Registered Design Details 1842-1930'. Is that of any use to you? I almost threw it out the other day so would be more than pleased for you to have it. I also have Numbers 51 and 52 of the Journal 'Marking Times' (Autumn and Winter 2011) which you are welcome to. No payment required.  :)
Nancy

Offline agincourt17

• Members
    • Wales
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 05:14:41 PM »
Thank you, Nancy. All contributions gratefully received.

I will email you direct with my personal details.

Fred.

Offline numbersandlozenges

• Members
    • british pressed glass
    • england
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 02:28:45 PM »
Got "Marking Times" 23 thru 41 plus 46 for 2008 and 46 for 2009! if you are interested

No.s and Loz

Offline agincourt17

• Members
    • Wales
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2013, 06:11:50 PM »
Thank you for your post.

I would be interested in taking all of the issues, please.

Your GMB profile does not allow me to email you direct, but I would appreciate it I you would email me direct via my GMB profile with your contact details and then I'm sure that we can can arrange a mutually-agreeable transaction.

Fred.

Offline Keencollector

• Members
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 09:43:46 AM »
Hello Fred,

I have quite a few of their publications and some issues of their marking times magazine's.  Will dig them out and work out how to get them to you.

George Davidson Catalogue No 1 & 2 C 1880 to 1890 plus pages 1903 & 1910
Sowerby Domestic Glass Services 1892 - 1912
George Davidson & Co. unregistered shapes & designs 1878 - 1888  - Sugars and creams
The History of Greener & Co.
A Collectors guide to open glass salts - From Victorian to Edwardian - History & Identification - 380 Illustrations
Manchester Pressed Glass - 1842 to 1934
Jobling Art Glass
Open Salts - A collectors Guide - Glass, metal pottery and porcelain - Vol. 1, 2, and 3

Glass Reflections - 2009
Marking Times No. 46 to 52 - covering Spring 2009 toWinter 2011

If you could let me know which of these publications you require I am only happy to help out.

Margaret

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand