No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: vase id please ID = Skruf, Bengt Edenfalk  (Read 3091 times)

Offline bat20

• Members
    • east sussex
vase id please ID = Skruf, Bengt Edenfalk
« on: December 23, 2013, 04:27:56 PM »
Hi all,i think this could be is a nice piece,it's 18cm with a purple colour clearing to clear at the bottom,it is signed but i can't really make it out i had to use flash so it may not be very clear to anyone! the second part of the signature is s.something ,any ideas many thanks.

Offline Greg.

• Members
Re: vase id please
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 04:37:11 PM »
Difficult to read this one! - I wonder if the last word may read 'Skruf'. I can't see enough of the other wording, however, if it is Skruf, then possibly Bengt Edenfalk. There's a signature for comparison in the link below. :)

http://violettendencies.net/violet/Display.asp?qryProdID=skruf21.jpg&qryCat=&qryEra=&Offset=0&qryArtist=Skruf&qryHead=Bengt%20Edenfalk%20for%20Skruf

Offline bat20

• Members
    • east sussex
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 04:57:14 PM »
Thanks Greg,yup that matches up,Bengt Enenfalk being the first bit,i'll start looking him up many thanks again :)

Offline bat20

• Members
    • east sussex
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 05:01:00 PM »
Sorry,Edenfalk even,might have started a bit early,hic.. ;D

Offline brucebanner

• Members
    • Victorian glass
    • United Kingdom
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 06:41:32 PM »
Definitely a skruf signature, i have a big skruf collection and recognised it straight away. regards Chris
Chris Parry

Offline bat20

• Members
    • east sussex
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2013, 12:04:25 PM »
Here's a better photo :)

Happy Xmas to you all and thanks very much for all your help,much appreciated.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand