No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Etling Etaleune Vase  (Read 2986 times)

Offline Ohio

• Members
    • Glass USA & Art Deco Lamps
Etling Etaleune Vase
« on: September 22, 2011, 09:09:09 PM »
I'll apologize for the picture, friend of my daughter took it. Its for this friend's mother as her ex-husband (friend's father) passed & they have to prepare an inventory for his estate sale & he had a few piece of glass, mostly american that I IDed & could price & then this Etling piece, but as I recall the really good Etling Deco is opalescent. Its 9" in height & simply says Etaleune Paris France. Now I know values are usually not discussed here, but I thought $150-$200 USD as its a bit plain for Etling & all I'm asking is am I in the ballpark giving them this figure? It looks as it had staining at one time, but 80% of it has pretty much faded away. If I'm within reason can anyone just say you're OK? Its appreciated, thanks, Ken

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Re: Etling Etaleune Vase
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 09:38:55 PM »
Ets. Leune is not Etling, I think.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 09:49:07 PM »
Glaskilian has one here on the site, it has a small damaged bubble I think - As Ivo says,  I can't see a mention of Etling, but it is categorised ETA-LEUNE if that helps?  Sorry, but I have absolutely no idea about this area at all , but am assuming it has been categorised correctly? (not good to assume I know, but hopefully it helps a bit).
m
http://www.glaskilian.de/Vase-ETA-LEUNE-Paris-France-c.56+B6YmFja1BJRD01NiZwcm9kdWN0SUQ9NzE4MSZwaWRfcHJvZHVjdD01NiZkZXRhaWw9.0.html

Offline Ohio

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 12:35:17 AM »
Thanks Ivo & Flying Free. I was taken in by a couple of different auction results that had in the description either Etling-Etaleune or Etaleune-Etling was a brand created by Etling as an "atelier" that recruited  artists to design art glass which Etling then produced and marketed. Good to know it Eta-leune was not associated with Etling.

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 07:03:36 AM »
Ets. Leune was a workshop/ refinery in Paris from around 1900. They are known for lampshades with sprayed on decoration, similar bulb vases, medical glass (pocket sputum flasks!) and various articles.  Somewhere in the 1920s the company came under Daum management and the quality of the pieces went up as they were made in one of the Daum works in stead of bought from Legras. It is possible that Etling sold the simpeler frosted vases etc. in his own shop - but I've not seen that on record anywhere.

Offline Ohio

• Members
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 06:12:11 PM »
Thanks Ivo. I gave the info to the Widow. Ken

Offline glassholic

• Members
  • Art deco glass collector
    • Flickr
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2013, 11:22:43 PM »
I've found a picture of a vase with a double signature: Etaleune and Eta Leune.

Furthermore, the telegraphe name of the Etablissements Leune was Etaleune.

So it seems that there is no link between Etaleune and Etling.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand