No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: lidded colourful glass box  (Read 848 times)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Re: lidded colourful glass box
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2014, 04:37:05 PM »
Paul, possibly not wrong.  I seem to remember ref the Tango Glass exhibition, that there was some comment about Tango glass representing the colourful dance of the Tango.  And I can't remember if the outcome of this was that there were pieces denoted as Tango Glass that didn't have two colours of glass ... will try and find references.  So I could well be wrong  :-[
m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline bat20

• Members
    • east sussex
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2014, 04:43:53 PM »
You may be right m,perhaps the pink was just for the circles on the lid,there is no sign of sharp flakey damage to the orange though and it hasn't lifted off any of the black,i'll do my best with the photo's but the weathers not looking good tomorrow. ::)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline bat20

• Members
    • east sussex
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2014, 09:25:50 AM »
This is as good as the light is going to get today i suspect and it's my naff camera not my wife's better one i can only get my hands on now and then >:(.Anyway looking at it in a more critical light i think m is right and the orange has worn off somehow on the lid although i think it does work well on the eye,a few more points to add on it has a ring to lid and body and the orange is much stronger under the lid.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline bat20

• Members
    • east sussex
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2014, 03:27:55 PM »
I haven't found anything you would say was from the same stable yet,but i forgot to ask why do you think the lid number is different from the base? cheers.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand