No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Thomas Webb museum,Dennis Hall catalogue.  (Read 2074 times)

Offline keith

• Members
Thomas Webb museum,Dennis Hall catalogue.
« on: April 03, 2013, 04:03:15 PM »
Recently picked up a copy and wondered about copyright,there's no info re publisher,printer etc...some interesting photo's and would like to post a few if possible. ;D ;D

Offline agincourt17

• Members
    • Pressed glass 1840-1900
    • Wales
Re: Thomas Webb museum,Dennis Hall catalogue.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 04:42:49 PM »
Is this a ring-bound catalogue in royal blue faux leather embossed card covers with gilt title and a vignette of the museum to the front - cover? Punched pages about A5 size; Contents list and describe 389 exhibits, with last photo reference No. 384?

If so, I have a copy too.

Exhibit 360 (of which there is an accompanying monochrome full-page photo) is for an "18 1/2" Cameo Glass 'Dennis Hall Plaque, decorated and signed by C. David Smith in 1982....", and there are several other exhibits (nos. 382-388) dating from 1980-1982.

On the basis of the most recent exhibit in my catalogue, it is probably about 30 years old, and I was given to believe that it would, therefore, still be in copyright.

I presume it would be possible to seek permission from the last owners of the Thomas Webb brand to reproduce or reprint the catalogue in whole or in part, but I'm not sure who that would be now.

Somewhere, I have several other catalogues (post-1940's I think) of prominent Stourbridge glass houses that have some interesting illustrations and information, but I will post details in a separate post when I manage to find  the catalogues. I imagine copyright on those catalogues would also still be a problem.

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 06:42:00 PM »
Thanks for the reply,yes that's the one,I also picked up a copy of English 'Rock Crystal' Glass 1878-1925 from Dudley art gallery dated 1976,I believe these are quite common, ;D ;D

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline sph@ngw

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 02:26:00 PM »
The last owner of Thomas Webb was Coloroll  built up by John Ashcroft CBE, a young turk who ruined many old companies, and which who went into receivership in 1990, see
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/rolling-over-the-past-three-years-after-the-demise-of-coloroll-david-bowen-picks-through-the-rubble-and-finds-strength-among-the-survivors-1505777.html.
 It is very unlikely anyone owns the copyright now!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand