No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Royo glass signed Moser?  (Read 1949 times)

Offline Sue C

• Members
Royo glass signed Moser?
« on: February 03, 2014, 10:14:15 PM »
Hi All, long time no speak, very very busy with FOUR grandchildren now !!
Anyway i came across this on ebay and thought it might be of interest to those Royo moser researches, item number 111271645280

P.S Anne found your address last week so expect an old fashioned letter in the nex couple of weeks, xx

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Re: Royo glass signed Moser?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 04:38:24 PM »
Lovely to see you again SueC. - and glad it was good stuff kept you away.  :)
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Sue C

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 05:51:17 PM »
Hi Sue,  yes all good stuff but i have Sophia 90% of the time now as Lisa has gone back into full time education studying Art History so she stays with me during the week so i can take her to school  :) at my age though i am so glad when the weekend comes around so i can get some rest, but even then she does'nt want to go home!!

As to the signed Moser piece I was under the impression that Moser had nothing to do with Royo ? or am i way behind the times?? if J.P is around he might enlighten me as i think he collected Royo ?  :-\

Thanks for the welcome Sue x :-*

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 06:15:43 PM »
I've missed your comments, expertise and you!
Good grief  :o 90% of the time to have an energetic wee one around does sound utterly exhausting - but loads of fun ;D
I haven't followed the Royo story, I'm afraid. Just glad to see you. :-*
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 07:58:02 PM »
Hi Sue c nice to hear you so positive , Royo has  nothing to do with Moser , an American author Gary Baldwin wrote a book  on Moser and stated Royo was made for the Spanish market by Moser , i knew this was incorrect having been going to Majorca since Franco was in charge , there is a glass house called Gordiola in Algaida right in the middle of  the Island they made all the Royo glass , the first time i suggested this an American lady dealer threatened to take legal action against me , i said go ahead , she didnt , i put my info to Ivo and suggested he visited the factory , he did and confirmed my case , i think your item is signed Royo , i can see nothing about Moser but some Americans wont let go , even tho Gary Baldwin agrees with me and has said so . cheers  lol

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 08:18:31 PM »
If you ever go to Majorca its well worth a visit , you can have a go at blowing  and they have a museum with glass from around the globe . dont go on a coach trip they will rush you off to the pearl and leather outlets .

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 08:54:11 PM »
JP I'm not disagreeing on any of what you've said about the vase as I'd noticed it before and really hadn't a clue.  But on the side in the second picture it does look as if it's signed very neatly in script moser  ?
I'm not at all suggesting it is.  Haven't a clue, but the signature does seems to say that don't you think?  So presumably a fake sig?

just adding - there is a selection of Moser sigs here and I can't see that one?
http://www.great-glass.co.uk/glass%20notes/markm-m.htm
m

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2014, 09:08:14 PM »
I thought Royo too, the style and colours of enamelling really and that prunt in the middle looks to be quite Gordiola like.

John

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2014, 09:36:21 PM »
I have seen hundreds over the years , with quite a few signatures many of these look to be by the same hand , maybe thats where Gary Baldwin got it from and he has publickly retracted this , The Moser factory has said recently  they did not make these items . so make your mind up . i have and it has cost me a lot of money and devalued my Royo collection . but i can live with that , i had the choice . Maybe i should have kept quietand sold my collection as Moser they did go for big bucks in the USA .
 PS The main man at Gordiola has said they made them .

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2014, 09:40:18 PM »
Obviously a fake sig on a nice Royo - never seen Moser sign anything in needle etched script. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand