No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Unusual Hyacinth Mottled Glass Vase with Pewter Decoration - French / Bohemian.?  (Read 1615 times)

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
The picture is in Patricia's book

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Hi Julie  -  I deliberately didn't show this piece because usually I don't like to confuse threads by adding items, but am breaking my rule and hope that  Greg will forgive me :)  -  see pic attached.

This one is something like 143 mm tall, and the opening 47 mm in diameter.
Looking briefly at the book, the 'perfection' bulb vase seems to have been a shape that emerged in the last quarter of the C19.        From what I can see most of the earlier designs were in some form of the true baluster shape i.e. thicker at the bottom, whereas this heavily shouldered 'perfection' design is the reverse.

Do you have Patricia's book?  Christine is correct, and it does appear in the book. :)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline ju1i3

• Members
    • London
    • Hyacinth Vases
Thanks for sharing that. I don't have any of that "shouldered" shape, as I think of it.

A friend lent me Patricia's book and I have since returned it. Unfortunately I can't really afford to buy my own copy (I guess I spent too much on vases!). 
Julie

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Paul S.

• Members
you're welcome to this one  -  it will only go back into a charity shop now that I've finished the photography, and I can't now collect bulb vases  -  Patricia had all my really good ones ;D ;D ;)

send me an off-Board email, with details if you'd like it. :)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand