No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Blenko? fingerbowl  (Read 517 times)

Offline SantaR

• Members
    • European Glass
    • USA
Blenko? fingerbowl
« on: March 22, 2014, 06:06:35 PM »
At first I thought that this was modern, recycled from Mexico or Spain (or China) but there is a fair bit of wear to the base and I picked up a couple of other definite Blenko items from the same place (not that that necessarily means anything :))

I did a bit more research and the pontil mark, the way that the trailing at the top of the dish comes back down into the body and the rounded rim all pointed to Blenko.  I've been through all the catalogues online but can't find this pattern and googled to no avail.  I have emailed The Blenko Project but they haven't got back to me.  It's 5.5 inches diameter and 3.5 inches tall and heavy.  The sides go in and out once and I thought maybe it is a fingerbowl.

Does anyone have any other good ideas?

Many thanks!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline cubby01

• Members
    • central USA
    • VintagePursuits
Re: Blenko? fingerbowl
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 07:38:09 PM »
My first thought was Mexico but did you go through the Blenko catalogs from the late 80's and 90's.  Blenko was doing quite a bit of that applied spiral stuff during that period.  You probably already have this link but if not... http://www.blenkoproject.org/blenkocatalogs

Maybe it's a candle holder?
Pithy sig withheld

Site in progress: http://www.vintagepursuits.com/

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline SantaR

• Members
    • European Glass
    • USA
Re: Blenko? fingerbowl
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 07:48:39 PM »
I didn't see the catalogues from the more recent times, so thank you for pointing them out to me.  I will search them now.   :)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand