No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Weekend puzzle !  (Read 1954 times)

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Re: Weekend puzzle !
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2014, 04:13:06 PM »
You mean the one where you lied to me about being far too good at this, before removing it? ;)
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

Offline Greg.

• Members
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2014, 04:26:41 PM »
Isle of Wight Studio Glass...?

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2014, 04:45:59 PM »
That's the one  ;D I posted  a wrong picture and had to delete it and the post, too late now Greg has got it !

Offline Greg.

• Members
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2014, 05:01:43 PM »
 :) Must admit that was a bit of a left field guess, mainly based on the shape. Not sure at all which range or colourway this belongs to. The colour reminds me a little of the colour used in some of the different Bon Bon colourways.

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2014, 07:16:01 PM »
It's not from a known range.

It could well be contemporary with the "Satin, Lace, Ribbons and Silk" ranges; there are known examples of odd "variations on a theme" related to this series of pieces, or it could possibly be from the "Glassmaker's Shelves" in the shop, where one-offs by the makers, done in their own time were sold.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2014, 07:33:02 PM »
Spot on Sue, the dealer said it came from the 'storeroom' I presume that would be the "Glassmakers 's shelves"  ;D

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2014, 07:30:20 PM »
Not neccessarily. There was a lot of stuff kept in the store-rooms - it got released in dribs and drabs, with very high prices attached, to collector's club members from what was called "the Archives". If it didn't sell to them, it was sometimes made available to the general public.

They did operate a "Moorcroft"-type of system in order to make items "more collectable".

Thousands of scarcities and rarities sort of thing.

It could be a prototype; something experimental; something that didn't turn out quite as hoped; or from the glassmaker's shelves.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Offline Carolyn Preston

• Members
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2014, 11:36:33 PM »
They did operate a "Moorcroft"-type of system in order to make items "more collectable".

Sorry, could you define a "Moorcroft"-type of system? My family has owned Moorcroft (my sister gave me a lovely piece a year ago, and then I returned the favour last Christmas) but it was always just lovely pottery in my life.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand