No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Clear and Gold Paperweight  (Read 1068 times)

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
Clear and Gold Paperweight
« on: April 06, 2014, 04:45:44 PM »
Hi all, been a while since I have posted but still enjoy going through everything on here. I have a small paperweight that is 5.5cm wide and high. It has a large bubble centre with gold. Is this called Aventurine ? I had the same problem trying to work out if one I had was gold leaf or Aventurine and after researching I could still not get it clear. Help with this would be good. The Weight I thought it looked like a Selkirk weight but cant find a definite answer. Thanks
Pete. :-)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Clear and Gold Paperweight
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 05:13:13 PM »
It's not gold. It's copper-based, i.e., aventurine

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 07:03:37 PM »
That helps, now it know what Aventurine is but I obviously need help with my colours. Not the best a seeing differences with colours. Didn't know I had a problem until I started with glass....I do crystal easily 😃 thanks Lustrousstone for the help clearing that up.
         After searching I don't think Selkirk is an option. Not sure why I came up with that now.
Pete. :-)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline RescoCCC

• Members
    • Paperweights
    • United States
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 03:58:04 PM »
but I obviously need help with my colours. Not the best a seeing differences with colours.

You and me both. I discovered the problem when I flunked the Army color perception test, (a long time ago). I read somewhere that 20% of men don't have normal color perception.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand