No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Need help identifying 2 glass figurines. ID = Fratelli Toso (labelled)  (Read 2100 times)

Offline creedy

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • USA
Good Morning all,
I recently received these 2 glass, duck figurine banks.  I was hoping to acquire information about them such as who is the artist (creator), where they were created, and if possible an approximent value.  If you are unable to give a value over this blog then a resource I can contact to give me more information.  They weigh 2-4lbs, they are 12-13" in height and 5-6" in width.  Any information would be wonderful.
Thank you, Cindy

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: Need help identifying 2 glass figurines
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 05:50:05 PM »
Welcome to the forum.

The label is from Fratelli Toso, so Murano, Italy, probably 1950s or 60s. Value is always subjective, for a range look for the same or similar that have sold, pay little attention to prices asked (many are absurd) only those items that have been sold are any use.

John

Offline creedy

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • USA
Re: Need help identifying 2 glass figurines
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 09:15:26 PM »
Thank you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum