No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Looking for help with bottle.  (Read 538 times)

Offline mc3378

• Members
Looking for help with bottle.
« on: July 03, 2014, 06:46:32 PM »
Any ideas what kind of bottle this is? One site I put it on they called it a decanter, but the stopper isn't like any other decanter stoppers I've seen. Really reminds me of a perfume bottle, but never seen one this large. The bottle is 16 1/2 inches with stopper and 13 1/2 without and the stopper itself is 7 inches. Really hoping someone can give me some ideas on maker and how old it is. Thanks.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Re: Looking for help with bottle.
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 07:05:43 PM »
Hi and welcome. I reckon it can safely be called a stoppered bottle.
I would think it's fairly recent, but it's unfortunately very difficult to make anything out from your photos.

Is there a "ridge" at the top of the blue part? - it looks as if it might have been partially cased in blue, over a white/clear bottom and top part.
That would make it a slightly more sophisticated thing than it being just a two colours of glass bottle.

There are loads of tips and techie info here for getting your pics right for posting to the board. I'm afraid some of yours are too out of focus to make any detail out.
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/board,22.0.html

But thank-you for making the effort in the first place to try to get them right and for posting them directly! :)

That is much appreciated. If you get stuck, you can send them to me (click on the little envelope beside my name) and I'll resize them for you.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline mc3378

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 07:24:40 PM »
Sorry about the pictures, they were fine on another site. I have to resize them smaller for this site. My old computer had a better program then this one. The blue does overlap onto the white and the bottom is blue. The stopper is clear with a blue flower inside.

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 07:36:38 PM »
Is the glass white, or just satinated?
If you could get a better pic of the flower in the stopper, somebody might recognise it?
I'm afraid I don't have a clue.  :-[
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 10:04:35 PM »
Looks like a half post bottle,  the second layer blue.  Probably sgrafo  or acid satinated so possibly from lafiore or gordiola. Not sure about the stopper  which looks like a different style. It could also be from Scandinavia

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand