No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Thomas Webb, DORLAND HALL 1933.  (Read 1101 times)

Offline Patrick

• Members
Thomas Webb, DORLAND HALL 1933.
« on: July 17, 2014, 11:45:16 AM »
Hi,
 I noticed a discussion on Webb colours and thought the following may be of interest to collectors......
I was lucky enough to have access to the catalogue of the 'Exhibition of British Industrial Art in Relation to the Home, June 20 - July 12, Dorland Hall ... 1933' .
Sadly there were no illustrations but this description of the 67 Webb exhibits may be of interest. I will upload a larger image of the list of exhibits later and provide a link.

Regards,
                Patrick.

Link to larger file....... http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o72/bargiepat/webbDORLANDHALL_zps5af3bb47.jpg

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Re: Thomas Webb, DORLAND HALL 1933.
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 09:59:26 AM »
One pic from the exhibition...
http://www.ribapix.com/image.php?i=28028&r=2&t=4&x=1&ref=RIBA8501 Mod: Link dead

Is there much in the catalogue on glass?

Offline Patrick

• Members
Re: Thomas Webb, DORLAND HALL 1933.
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 11:30:30 AM »
Hi Frank,
 Interesting that you found that image...............

The catalogue has no images of the glass from any of the companies that showed their work, only lists.

James Powell ( Whitefriars )  65 pcs.

Stevens & Williams  55 pcs.

Webb & Corbett  21 pcs.

See the attached image showing the description of the Pilkington display.........

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand