No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Bohemian,Belgian White splatter weight, ribbon flower design? ID = Portugal  (Read 10437 times)

Offline bat20

• Members
    • east sussex
Re: Bohemian,Belgian White splatter weight with ribboned flower design?
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2015, 04:54:51 PM »
Lavender being the national flower of Portugal so sadly no tie in there,I wonder if it's been aged?dodgey lot that British heart foundation ;)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2015, 09:29:57 PM »
Here is a bunch of these nice Portuguese paperweights >> http://www.ebay.com/itm/121708105336
Obviously made by a company called "Golden Crown E&R"

Michael

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline paperweights

• Members
    • Allan's Paperweights
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2015, 09:37:45 PM »
E&R was an importer of paperweights and other decorative items.  They were a major importer of ceramics, porcelain, and glassware from Europe from 1886 until 2002.  At one time they were the exclusive distributor for the Crystal Signature line of Swarovski figures.  The firm was originally founded as  Zeh, Ebeling & Reuss Co. by German emigrants Theodore Ebeling and Frederick Reuss who joined up with the owner of a glassware and china business, John E. F. Zeh.  The firm was renamed to Ebeling & Reuss Co. in 1900 and remained in business until at least 2002.  They were located in the Philadelphia area (Pennsylvania, USA).  The Golden Crown trademark depicted in the label was registered with the US Patent Office in 1956.

Check out my web page for Glass paperweights, Paperweight Books, and Paperweight Information
http://paperweights.com

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline bat20

• Members
    • east sussex
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2015, 06:12:40 AM »
Thanks for the extra info chaps,I guess they had dealings with the same makers of my weight.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand