Glass Identification - Post here for all ID requests > Resolved Paperweight Queries

Paul Ysart ? ID = Caithness Glass Harlequin

<< < (2/2)

KevinH:
Thanks, Ray.

I presume the info is from Andy Dohan's  Paperweight Signature Cane book. Unfortunately, although he says "a number of different colour combinations exist" he only shows (and mentions) two - a 1975 version with "pinkish-purple" letters and outer ring; and a 1990 version with details as you state. But the image he shows for the cane from 1990 clearly has (to my eyes) RED letters, not black (i.e. the letters are again the same colour as the outer ring - even though the outer colour looks much brighter than the letters).

And for the eBay weight, the letters look much more like the "pinkish-purple" that was mentioned, also matching the outer sleeve, which in the enlarged image is definitely not red - or at least, it's not the bright pillar-box red as shown in the book.

So I don't think it's comparable to Dohan's information. Whether there really were distinctly different colours for the CG canes each year, I don't know. Maybe there were. Anybody know for sure?

bat20:
Hi all,I'm just wondering if since this thread started dating these CG cane Caithness harlequin has moved on.This one has red letters and a dark red ring around it,looking mauve in the photos.

KevinH:
On my screen the "CG" letters and the surround are purple, not red.

bat20:
Yes,in the daylight today it looks more purple than the darker red colours I was seeing with artificial light last evening .I take it the 90's ones are an unmistakeable brighter red?

bat20:
Well I guess that's it,thanks very much for you brusk reply.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version