No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Lovely Studio Glass Bottle Vase - ID = Mtarfa, Malta  (Read 850 times)

Offline Novasonic

• Members
Lovely Studio Glass Bottle Vase - ID = Mtarfa, Malta
« on: September 07, 2014, 11:33:17 AM »
Hello,

I have recently acquired this lovely studio bottle vase,  a slight iridescence to it white interior & rim with green & blue swirls in the glass & A signature on the base.  I am a bit stumped - but its a quality piece & 25 cm high.  rim diameter is 6.5 cm

It reminds me of Isle of Wight Glass or Okra but not sure of the maker - can anyone help ?

Thanks

Rob

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Re: Lovely Studio Glass Bottle Vase - Unknown maker ?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 12:18:32 PM »
 :)
Mtarfa, I believe. A slightly unusual, large and complex piece. 8)
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

Offline Novasonic

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 01:37:47 PM »
Hi

Thanks for your help - it's certainly a very nice piece - and of better quality than the usual Mtarfa  pieces I have seen !

Rob  :)

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 02:10:01 PM »
I have a large Mtarfa decanter, and it is of vastly superior quality to much I have seen too.
I don't see many large pieces, I think your bottle is about to only other thing I've seen which comes up to my decanter standard.  :)
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand