Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > Malta Glass

Malta Decorative Glass Ltd opening and closing dates !

(1/3) > >>

Baked_Beans:
Pleased to say I have found out the opening and closing dates for Malta Decorative Glass ltd, please see this link......

http://www.timesofmalta.com/

You can search their archives here.

On page 13 of the Sunday Times of Malta dated December 6, 1981 there is a list of government factories and it states that Malta Decorative Glass opened in 1974 and closed in 1978 . In the Times of Malta you can see various adverts for trainees and a production manager is advertised on 18/12/1975. I think Boffo must have left Mdina prior to 1977 (perhaps 1974/5) .

Baked_Beans:
On Tuesday May 12 1970 page 5 of the Malta Times there is a piece on Mdina  with photo as in Mark Hill's book (page 23). You might have to subscribe to read it though.

chopin-liszt:
I think I did find that article several years ago. I remember trawling through about 300 pages of archives, but latterly, I was unable to track it down - well done, Mike, that must have been some seriously tenatious searching.
But where does that leave us? Doubting Said's memory from the time he spoke to Wolfie?

Baked_Beans:
Cheers Sue, I might have to subscribe to this newspaper as there is even an advert for a Malta Decorative Glass 'Grand Sale' in 1975 !

I wonder if there are any personnel records at Mdina to back up what Said said ?

chopin-liszt:
I would doubt it. Said appears to prefer to make out that Mdina is entirely his and his family's doing, only.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version