Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > Malta Glass

Malta Decorative Glass Ltd opening and closing dates !

<< < (2/3) > >>

WhatHo!:
Hi, that date of 1977 was off the top of his head and I thought at the time it seemed a little late. I do think in reflection it could be a bit of a guess.

Patrick:

--- Quote from: Baked_Beans on September 20, 2014, 08:17:33 AM ---On Tuesday May 12 1970 page 5 of the Malta Times there is a piece on Mdina  with photo as in Mark Hill's book (page 23). You might have to subscribe to read it though.

--- End quote ---

Hi Mike,
 I have used the 15 day free trial and have downloaded the full page article. Makes very interesting reading and no where is Vicente Boffo mentioned . Ettore is however mentioned multiple times and described as the 'production manager'.
 I think the writer of article has got a few things wrong. There is this 'Michael Harris and Ettore steal the show by swift movements of their hands' ....... Ettore was not a highly skilled glassblower and was his father's servitor whilst at Whitefriars.
 Further investigation needed.

Regards,
              Patrick.
Ps Mike , I will email you the article .

Baked_Beans:
Thanks very much Patrick,

Very interesting, there is no mention of Vicente ! The photo does show Ettore though and the article suggests that he was very much part of the three man team that set up Mdina .

Fascinating to say the least !

Cheers Mike :)

chopin-liszt:
The Boffos did not go to Malta until Mdina had already been set up.

The furnaces were up and running, glass was being made, by late summer, '68; the Boffos did not arrive until October '69.

(Mark Hill's book, pp 21-4)

Patrick:

--- Quote from: Baked_Beans on September 20, 2014, 08:17:33 AM ---On Tuesday May 12 1970 page 5 of the Malta Times there is a piece on Mdina

--- End quote ---

Hi Sue,
 The article appeared on this date when both Vicente and Ettore should have been working there.........

Regards,
               Patrick.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version