No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Monart Shape O bowl - for show  (Read 1137 times)

Offline orangeglass

• Members
    • ysart
    • UK
Monart Shape O bowl - for show
« on: September 25, 2014, 08:41:34 PM »
Latest Monart acquisition   ;D - a shape O bowl, 11" diameter. (size V+ ?)
Mottled cobwebby purple with white and the addition of pink around the rim, lots of tiny bubbles in the glass.
Interesting how the applied foot only has coloured enamels applied to the surface attached to the bowl, which can then be seen through the bottom of the bowl.
Roberta

Offline Gary

• Members
Re: Monart Shape O bowl - for show
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 09:34:30 PM »
A real nice colour scheme and one I have not seen before (can i use the images for my research into Monart colour codes) and one of my favourite of Monart bowl shapes.
Well done Roberta.
Gary

Offline orangeglass

• Members
    • ysart
    • UK
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 06:43:02 PM »
No problem Gary - you have my permission to use any of my images for your research  ;D
The more Monart I see the more colour schemes there seem to be ;)
Just let me know if you want bigger pictures emailing.
Must admit not a colour scheme I have seen before, and I wasn't even sure what shape it was going to be till it arrived!
Do we think likely post war Paul Ysart ?
Roberta

Offline Gary

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2014, 09:40:41 AM »
No problem Gary - you have my permission to use any of my images for your research  ;D
The more Monart I see the more colour schemes there seem to be ;)
Just let me know if you want bigger pictures emailing.
Must admit not a colour scheme I have seen before, and I wasn't even sure what shape it was going to be till it arrived!
Do we think likely post war Paul Ysart ?
Thanks Roberta, the picture sizes are fine.
Wether it it is a pre or post war piece is difficult to say with any degree of certainty without labeled pieces.
My initial thoughts and in no way certain, it is a pre war piece due to colours and the way they are applied.

Offline orangeglass

• Members
    • ysart
    • UK
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2014, 10:01:54 AM »
Well unless a labelled piece turns up............... ;)

There was a vase sold on ebay recently that had a similar type of colouring on the lower part, the base on that did look quite old. Also the "cobwebby" style of the colours I would associate more with Salvador than Paul.... but for some reason it just "feels" later - can't really explain why. It does have the 4 prong mark on the foot which seems to be typical on the "O" shaped bowls.
So we will probably never know  ::)
Roberta

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand