No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Gozo Glass  (Read 2022 times)

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Gozo Glass
« on: November 01, 2014, 06:53:04 PM »
Picked up this small (earlier; the colours are more subtle than more recent versions and the shape is different) Sea vase from Gozo Glass, but they seem to have vanished. Have they gone bust does anyone know?

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Re: Gozo Glass
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 08:04:24 PM »
I really don't know. I've got a "Stone" vase from the same earlier period, (also picked up cheaply).
I've not been impressed with the quality of their recent output, as you may remember. We did see some together when I was last staying with you.
(or it might have been the time before - I'm getting so old all the years run into each other!)

They appear to have a fb page, but I don't understand how to work fb or get around it.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gozo-Glass/216216085064621?sk=info&ref=page_internal

There is an email address for them in that link.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 09:14:29 PM »
I've been all those places but can't find any evidence that Gozo Glass still exists though that facebook page belongs to Rupert Brook's daughter. All links lead to dead ends

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 11:38:33 AM »
I found a twit bit too- but couldn't tell whether is was dead or alive. All the images seemed to be touristy scenery, not glass, though.
The Maltese Industries register bit doesn't say it's defunct, but it could just be out of date.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2014, 02:17:37 PM »
I sent a FB message to Lisa, so watch this space

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2014, 02:19:44 PM »
I am.  ;)
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2014, 07:53:03 PM »
last Tripadvisor visit I could find was July 2014 (and it wasn't complimentary  :o )
edited - wasn't complimentary about the reception on visiting, didn't mean about the glass itself.
m

Offline Patrick

• Members
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2014, 11:32:17 AM »
I've been all those places but can't find any evidence that Gozo Glass still exists though that facebook page belongs to Rupert Brook's daughter. All links lead to dead ends

Hi ,
I just phoned them and they are still open.  The lady that answered the phone said " The Workings open at 2 o'clock and shop open now "

Cheers,

Patrick.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand