No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: newest monart  (Read 3449 times)

Offline millarart

• Members
Re: newest monart
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2014, 08:52:28 AM »
Now I'm confused - why is Chris posting Keith's pictures of your piece Gary?
I'll post one too and confuse everyone!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

lol chris posted these as they are bigger pics than I posted lol
who needs Revatio when you have a collection of Monart

Offline millarart

• Members
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2014, 08:57:32 AM »
Gary photographic skills are pretty limited to say the least  ;)
LOL correct

Offline orangeglass

• Members
    • ysart
    • UK
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2014, 09:37:03 AM »
I know it's going off subject a bit, but I've got to ask - Chris's pictures are smaller in KB but bigger - how is that done - what am i missing - are they compressed or something?
Roberta

Offline millarart

• Members
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2014, 11:36:11 AM »
dunno ive never sussed it out myself yet lol

Offline millarart

• Members
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2014, 11:41:26 AM »
The only thing I've seen that is remotely similar in colour scheme from Ysart is a small-ish Vasart hanging lampshade my brother has. sorry, no pics.
It's nice lit, and works very well as a lampshade - gives a lovely soft, warm light.
ive had three of the vasart orange and white lampshades and seen thousands and owned hundreds of vasart pieces and I have never seen one piece with colourway like this, either they've been brighter orange or more an amber colour but not this light peachy orange , spoke to nigel benson and neither has he

Offline millarart

• Members
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2014, 11:42:52 AM »
Why are we seeing a Vasart - ish similarity (glad it wasn't just me Sue) :D - is it an early piece do you think, not a decor I have seen before quite like this!
lol Roberta I have no idea where or how your seeing vasart in this piece either lol

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2014, 11:45:15 AM »
Maybe you could ask my brother-in-law to let you see it? He might let you;D
It's a very long time - several years, since I've seen it, Gary.
I wasn't suggesting this was Vasart, ;) just that the only thing I've ever seen like it is that shade.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

Offline orangeglass

• Members
    • ysart
    • UK
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2014, 12:02:12 PM »
lol Roberta I have no idea where or how your seeing vasart in this piece either lol

no, neither have I really LOL -  because when you really look at it reminds me more of a cross between the stoneware ones and the orange pull ups (early ones with white or coloured inners) - I think I was just having a bad day/week/month  - my Monart radar's been off recently  ???

anyway- it really is a lovely piece!

modified to add: just had another look at it - I was seeing it as white with orange (cause I have a Vasart in that colour) but it's not it's CLEAR glass with orange! Oh dear, better go get my eyes checked now  :-[
Roberta

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2014, 04:28:30 PM »
I know it's going off subject a bit, but I've got to ask - Chris's pictures are smaller in KB but bigger - how is that done - what am i missing - are they compressed or something?
Yes, the image is "compressed" - also known as "optimised". Basically, any digital image can be "optimised" to reduce the amount of detail in the picture and therefore also get a lower Kb size, but still leave it looking good enough for screen display.

This is also called "Quality level" in many photo editing routines and there is usually a simple "High / Medium / Low" setting for "quality". So, an image of say, 600 x 400 pixels (width and height) could be set to High quality and give a Kb size of, say, 1Mb. If the same image was set to Medium quality its Kb size could be, say, 400Kb or if set to Low quality it could be something like 100Kb.

By experimenting with both "Resizing" and "Image Quality" settings a photo can be made visibly acceptable with quite large width and height, but with Kb size that easily fits the Board limit.
KevinH

Offline orangeglass

• Members
    • ysart
    • UK
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2014, 05:02:14 PM »
Thanks Kev,   :D
I'll have to have a look at that - I've got a new laptop with only a basic editing thing on it at the moment, so I'm still working it out!
Roberta

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand