No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: S.M.G 90 - Blue Perfume bottle. ID: ? ID = Stephen Morris, NSW Australia  (Read 2388 times)

Offline misha

• Members
    • In the Hills of Melbourne - Australia
Blue & pink speckled perfume bottle.
Rather long stopper/stem with angular ground end.
Flame polished pontil mark.
Minimal base grind.
Base clearly engraved: S.M.G  90
[Will confirm dimensions tomorrow, camera error in top shot]
I'll assume 90 is 1990

Please excuse grubby glass and thumbnail in these photos. Glass been in storage for some time now, and me... thats what mechanical work does for you.

Any help with ID or further info. on S.M.G most appreciated.
Again, suspect an Australian or N.Z. maker.
So it goes.

Offline brewster

• Members
    • Australia
Re: S.M.G 90 - Blue Perfume bottle. ID: ?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 09:49:31 PM »
Stephen Morris, then located in Northern NSW near Woodburn. Later at McLeans Ridges (just up the road from me) and more recently in Melbourne. You can find more information online, including at his own web site:
http://www.stephenmorrisglassware.com.au/about.html

There is a similar item on my blog page about perfume bottles (on the right of the second photo):
http://australianglass.blogspot.com.au/2013/01/perfume-bottles-as-decorative-arts_22.html

Trevor
See my blog on Australian studio glass. There is now a Facebook page with Australian glass news.
The Glass Puzzles page is back on Facebook. Log in to leave a comment.

Offline misha

• Members
    • In the Hills of Melbourne - Australia
Re: S.M.G 90 - Blue Perfume bottle. ID: ?
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 02:16:46 AM »
Thanks again Trevor,

I liked the way it was very clearly engraved, unlike a vase thats difficult to decipher what it could be or even photograph due to surface scratches and dyslexic scribble.

Neat blog.... had me ID another here just by the mention of name. Another small perfume - round impressed 'seal' - R in centre of C - Richard Clements
So it goes.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand