No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Jenny Antonio  (Read 2175 times)

Offline Szymon

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Scotland
Jenny Antonio
« on: January 15, 2015, 05:29:18 PM »
Good evening,
has anyone heard about the artist called Jenny Antonio? I have found some useful info at Strathearn Gallery: http://www.strathearn-gallery.com/artists/187/jennifer-antonio
as well as a few scientific papers but struggling to find more.
I have found this small (13cm) vase in Edinburgh (that's where she studied) but cannot say anything about it, except that it looks cased, mouth blown with rough pontil and it's signed Jenny Antonio.

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Re: Jenny Antonio
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 06:13:18 PM »
Are you able to get to the Strathearn Gallery easily? The lady who now owns it might be able to tell you more.
(I've forgotten her name.  :-[ )
I think it's shut for holidays right now, it certainly was on Saturday when I went there. She's very friendly and helpful, and doing a fantastic job since she took over from the Maguires.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

Offline Greg.

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 06:42:29 PM »
The Glassworks in Edinburgh was started by Jenny Antonio in the 1980s, Paul Musgrove, who took over the studio, may be able help you further, his contact details are in the link below along with a little further info......

http://musworks.co.uk/glass/old-glassworks/

Offline Szymon

• Members
    • Scotland
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 07:59:47 PM »
Thanks you both  :)

I may not go to Crieff until for a while but definitely will visit the Strathearn Gallery when the weather improves and will bring the vase with me.

Thanks for the info and the link Greg, I think Paul Musgrove took over when Jenny went over to Germany to open her studio there. 
I will post any updates if luck will be on my side.

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 08:35:20 PM »
Are you telling me I've got competition in the glass stakes at the Strathearn Gallery?  ;)
I sometimes get to go to Crieff on a Friday or Saturday afternoon, but only if the weather is utterly foul.
If it's nice, I get left in the kitchen while my chauffeur goes out to play in the sunshine. :'(

Thanks for the info, Greg!  :-*
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Offline Szymon

• Members
    • Scotland
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 08:43:12 PM »
Not sure about the competition  ::) Ceramics is my main interest so nothing to worry from my side ;)
Sounds like your chauffeur is not treating your very well  :) Well, you should say it's 21st century and deserve better  :) Unless you don't like sunshine  ;)
Anyway, I have stopped in Crieff a few times for a brake going up north or on the way back but never went to the Gallery.

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 12:42:21 PM »
Some very nice ceramics there too! I'm very fond of Michelle Young-Hare's work.
My chauffeur is a hill-walking, rock-climbing fanatic. Sadly, I'm not able to get up the hills with him myself these days. He's very good to me and I would never stand in the way of him enjoying his own obsession - for which he needs the good weather.
It is a very special art gallery, one well worth a visit any time you can manage.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Offline Szymon

• Members
    • Scotland
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2015, 10:37:44 PM »
Apologies for a late reply, life kept me busy :) I will definitely visit the gallery this year and see if they have any interesting pots  ;) Thanks again for your help.

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2015, 04:15:58 PM »
While we're still off-topic, I can thoroughly recommend tracking down and attending one of the Potfests, of ceramics are your main interest. I try to get there. I depend on bad weather.  ;)

http://www.potfest.co.uk/
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand