No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Stuart Crystal by John Luxton or Ludwig Kny or who?  (Read 3757 times)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: John Luxton Stuart Crystal
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2015, 08:56:14 AM »
hi Nigel
your communication was in fact posted, originally, in the wrong section  -  as you will see, we have a variety of separate country locations depending on the known origin of the glass in question.
In those instances where the origin of someone's glass is unknown  -  which is frequently -  then the posting should correctly be in 'Glass', although in your case since we know the origin it should have been posted in 'British and Irish Glass'.          You'll see there are a variety of countries, and assuming a piece is eventually identified, it is then moved to the appropriate country of origin - if not, then it stays in Glass, permanently.
Fear not  -  Anne has simply moved your thread to the correct section as a permanent resting place.
As for changing the subject heading, this is probably something only the Mods can do  -  and they may have some doubts with this one - so may leave the heading unchanged from your original post - at least temporarily.

As a newcomer, you're allowed to make mistakes - it matters not. :)

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Re: Stuart Crystal by John Luxton or Ludwig Kny or who?
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2015, 09:51:03 PM »
As Paul explained it was just a relocation as you know it is Stuart. Glass gets so busy that things disappear from view quickly, so we like to move them to a quieter forum if we know the country of origin - makes it easier to find again. As to the header, I've tweaked it slightly so as to try and catch the eyes of those who may be able to help. :)
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline Ochadamu

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • United Kingdom
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2015, 09:54:49 PM »
Very grateful to you both for your advice and initiative.  Learning fast!  Thanks, Nigel

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2015, 08:51:31 PM »
You're welcome, Nigel. If you are unsure of anything feel free to ask for help anytime. :)
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand