No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Label In Paperweights Forum  (Read 1775 times)

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
Label In Paperweights Forum
« on: March 10, 2015, 02:50:32 AM »
Please take a look at a thread in the Paperweights forum: Murano maker AF

I know we have seen the type of label before and with both "AF" and "AS" letters. But have we decided on an ID for use of the label - or is it a generic import / export type?
KevinH

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
Re: Label In Paperweights Forum
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 10:18:39 AM »
Hi Kevin,
I think it is a generic label. And the letters may or may not mean something...
I had the label on a Scandinavian vase ;D >> Link

Frank even suspected (last post of the linked thread) that the label was Chinese.

If you search the board for "rooster label" you will see quite a few different pieces.

I seem to remember that in one of Heiremans Murano glass books, there are two of these labels found on high end pieces (from different makers). Sorry, I had the book from the library, so cannot check.

Michael

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 02:56:59 PM »
Thanks Michael.

I will leave this thread open for a while for any extra input. I will add a link in the Paperweights thread to here, and to the thread you  pointed to.
KevinH

Offline Jurgen

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 03:59:08 PM »
Hi all.........This is a stylized rooster label used by many different glass furnaces! Here is one used by Cenedese. These labels have been discussed on this forum a few years ago.............Jerry

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand