No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Franco Fuga Murano any ideas of age and worth ?  (Read 2153 times)

Offline melbryan

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Murano
    • Liverpool
Franco Fuga Murano any ideas of age and worth ?
« on: March 15, 2015, 01:36:50 PM »
I have just bought this marked Murano FFM Effedue di Fuga Franco (016) glass tray, but apart from the business and location details I cannot find any of their work online whatsoever, is Franco Fuga related to the famous Anzola Fuga ? Any help would be appreciated. It is in great condition and very well made.

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
Re: Franco Fuga Murano any ideas of age and worth ?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 04:14:52 PM »
I know very little about Murano items, but I can say that the millefiori canes in the centre of the squares were from the Moretti / Effetre company and have been used by many Murano makers and also lots of other makers around the world.
KevinH

Offline melbryan

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Murano
    • Liverpool
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 04:54:40 PM »
Thank you for your reply, I believe there is some relationship between Carlo Moretti / Effetre and this company, here is a photo of the textured back and a second label.

Offline silver stain

• Members
    • Murano glass
    • Italy
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2019, 09:30:32 PM »
This item is not made in furnace is a glass fusion on the kiln ( vetrofusione con murrine ) ::)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand