No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Help. What is the approximate chemical composition of Bullseye glass?  (Read 2179 times)

Offline shenbear

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • glass and ceramics
    • Netherlands
Bullseye Clear Transparent glass, what is its chemical composition? And how good is its mechanical property, in comparison with common commercial glasses?

Offline Ohio

• Members
    • Glass USA & Art Deco Lamps
Re: Help. What is the approximate chemical composition of Bullseye glass?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 06:03:33 PM »
Not sure I understand your question. If you mean Bullseye Glass in Portland Oregon then why not ask them? Use their email form below if thats what you are asking about.
https://www.bullseyeglass.com/index.php?option=com_rsform&Itemid=156&lang=en&view=rsform

Not at all certain anyone but the company would know its actual chemical composition.

Offline shenbear

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • glass and ceramics
    • Netherlands
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 08:36:14 AM »
Thank you, Ohio.

Offline Fuhrman Glass

• Glass Professional
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 05:27:53 PM »
Depending on your use of Bullseye, it is probably much better for lots of applications than normal commercial clear glass which I presume you are referring to float glass. Bullseye is the premier glass that is used throughout the world for glass fusing. It has a COE of 90 and is compatible with their colored glasses as well as those made by Uroboros Glass. Their glasses are resistant in most instances to devitrification. Try to consult with Lannie McGregor there as she is one of the owners and can answer any questions you may have.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand