No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: FM Marcolin Crystal Art - eBay auction starting at $1,000.00 USD  (Read 2617 times)

Offline elliott0311

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • United States

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: FM Marcolin Crystal Art - eBay auction starting at $1,000.00 USD
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 06:32:26 AM »
It would be a much better listing if you described the item, gave its dimensions and its condition instead of copying text about Marcolin from the web...

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline elliott0311

• Members
    • United States
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 05:01:25 PM »
Ok thank you, I guess I better get on that.

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 06:53:52 PM »
 :)
You want to get your audience interested in the knife itself, as a beautiful and desirable thing - rather than being a good reference for FM Marcolin history. Good luck.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline elliott0311

• Members
    • United States
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 11:23:13 PM »
Thank you  ;D

Offline elliott0311

• Members
    • United States
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2015, 05:12:44 PM »
NEW AUCTION AT $0.99 FOR 2nd PIECE:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FM-Marcolin-Art-Crystal-Sword-Luxury-Glass-art-by-late-Master-glasscraftsman-/291430901452?

Fare-Marcolin Art Glass (1983 AM Marcolin Art Crystal, and from 1989 Marcolin Art Crystal) was a glassworks in Ronneby who made ​​art glass during the years 1961-1991. Among their products include a series about animals ( moose head , dolphin ) and one of Snoopy . - The foundry was owned by two brothers, Joseph and Benito Marcolin from Murano . Even their brothers Giovanni and Luigi and his sister Anna-Maria with one Aure Toso (although he glazier) were involved in the movement. The brothers arrived in 1954 to Gleaming glass factory in Glimåkra and continued to Reijmyre Glassworks before they started their own business. The name Färe in the company name came from Joseph's wife who was born fare.

For starters produced figures in colorful soda-lime glass , but over the years it was lifted Swedish "helkristallen" until more and more and the color scheme was a lot of ametistglas as "smoked" or fitted with gold leaf and various ink. It was also among the first to test different types of chemical way to "smoke" the glass, for example, produce moire effects.

It was produced vases , bowls , drums , cords, swords , daggers , figurines, paperweights , ship, Snob Series, etc. The largest area was different animals. The technique was Venetian brothers because they were lectured to by the major manufacturers in Murano. Glashyttan in Ronneby exports 90% of production and when it was shut down 199 was not due to poor order intake but because of problems finding skilled labor.

Luigi has since continued as glass designs in-house.

Ronneby genera Marco Lens artistic expression has also made ​​its mark in music through the glassworks son Eddie Marcolin who had great success on the international stage.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand