No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Jobling Ribbon Fish Vases  (Read 1111 times)

Offline Mosquito

• Members
    • 中国 (China)
    • Jobling Art Glass
Jobling Ribbon Fish Vases
« on: April 09, 2015, 01:45:11 AM »
Just recently acquired a slightly unusual copy of Jobling's No. 12000 Ribbon Fish Vase. I've long been a fan of this pattern, though examples seem pretty hard to come by. In the years I've been collecting Jobling I've only come across about 9 examples (4 of which I bought!)

This particular one is different from the rest as it hasn't been satinised. Indeed the 1935 catalogue supplement shows this vase only in 'Opalique, satin finish'. This example also has no registration number or 'Regn. Appld. For' mark and has a fire-polished rim and foot rather than the ground and polished finish on my other examples. Anyway, it's an interesting one and leads me to wonder if any other colours or finishes were produced...

Offline Mosquito

• Members
    • 中国 (China)
    • Jobling Art Glass
Re: Jobling Ribbon Fish Vases
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 01:47:07 AM »
A few more pics showing the moulding detail and a comparison with a more typical satinised example:

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 06:11:13 AM »
Nice one Steven  :)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 07:59:53 PM »
yep, sure is.       

P.S.    Note to Moderators.........     may we have a new ruling please that bars certain members from cornering the market and buying up most of these uncommon patterns  -  quote  ......"(4 of which I bought!)"

Only joking Steven  ;D ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand