No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Help needed to identify this inkwell/paperweight please  (Read 1298 times)

Offline ish2020

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Paperweights
    • England
Hi to you all I have just registered so am a newby here, I am struggling to identify an inkwell paperweight purchased recently
The photo is of the stopper top there is a date cane in main body in middle of cane set up of 1852
It has a broken off pontil
Would appreciate any help to identify, hope pics go through ok
Regards Keith

HOW Do I post 1 picture it says it must not exceed 124kb. Looks like I need help with this first !

I have put pics on eBay currently under " clichy bacaraat St. Louis French ?" For £50,000  just to stop buyers from bidding if anyone wants to take a look at photos

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline mildawg

• Members
Re: Help needed to identify this inkwell/paperweight please
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 11:40:07 PM »
Baccarat Dupont period is my guess.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline paperweights

• Members
    • Allan's Paperweights
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 06:08:41 AM »
Definitely Dupont period Baccarat (1920s).  The eBay item is 171793240159.

Check out my web page for Glass paperweights, Paperweight Books, and Paperweight Information
http://paperweights.com

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline tropdevin

• Members
    • Paperweights
    • England
    • The Paperweight People
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 02:12:03 PM »

Hi.  I agree typical - Dupont canes.  This piece dates to the 1920s, as Allan says.  An 1852 date rules out 'antique French', as it was not a date used at the time.  Murano also use 1852 date canes in pieces made much later.  These Dupont bottle and stopper sets are less common than the Dupont paperweights, and the ones I have seen vary in quality from slipshod to very neat!

Alan 
Alan  (The Paperweight People  https://www.pwts.co.uk)

"There are two rules for ultimate success in life. Number 1: Never tell everything you know."

The comments in this posting reflect the opinion of the author, Alan Thornton, and not that of the owners, administrators or moderators of this board. Comments are copyright Alan Thornton.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand