No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Cameo vase with trees  (Read 477 times)

Offline mrs vulture

• Members
    • Norwich, England
Cameo vase with trees
« on: August 29, 2015, 11:32:27 AM »
Hi, I bought this vase today but it's an area I know absolutely nothing about, I just liked it. It's seven inches tall, with a cut rim.mottled purple fading to yellow. The trees are shiny, the rest is Matt. Shiny inside. It's not signed or marked. I have been searching for something similar and have only found one with very similar trees which claims its Schneider from France, different shape. When I searched that name it comes up with nothing like it!  The seller said she bought it at a shop in Norwich which sold Art Deco things which has since closed, so she had no idea what it is either. Can anyone give me an opinion even if it's to say it's fairly new.    Cheryl

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Re: Cameo vase with trees
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 12:25:25 PM »
To me it looks like Carly, a decorator who worked in Belgium in the 1920s.
http://www.auction-in-europe.com/index.py/object_details_archives/cid/1751963
The enamel wears off quickly, it is rare to find fully intact one.
But beware, there are others who used the same technique which is relatively easy.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand