No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Pair of Petr Hora graduated Vases?  (Read 1968 times)

Offline seanduxbury

• Members
Pair of Petr Hora graduated Vases?
« on: May 31, 2015, 09:47:26 AM »
Hi.  Hope someone can help me with this.  I found this pair of graduated vases a few years ago in a local auction and have had them on display ever since.  When I bought them I simply loved them for the shape, colour and design (and still do).  However as the years have gone by and I've been trying to teach myself about glass I've been trying to find out some more about this pair, especially about their origin.  They are both signed on the base DESIGN BY P HORA but one of them (the taller one) has a PRINC ART GLASS MADE IN CZECH REPUBLIC label, but I cannot find any reference of Petr Hora ever having worked for Princ.  Can someone help please.  Are these by Petr Hora, should there be a PRINC label.  Any info would be really appreciated.  BTW regardless they are not going anywhere except back on display. 

To display all the images I'm adding a number of posts with different images.  This fisrt one is of the mark (bad photo I'm afraid but the best I can do) and the pair together.

MARK ON BASE - SAME ON BOTH VASES

BOTH VASES SIDE BY SIDE

Offline seanduxbury

• Members
Re: Pair of Petr Hora graduated Vases?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 09:51:53 AM »
These images are of the smaller vase.  It measures approx 21 cms x 12 cms x 4 cms (H x W x D) and weighs 1400 gms.

BASE OF VASE

BODY OF VASE

Offline seanduxbury

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 09:56:03 AM »
This is the larger vase.  Again same mark on base DESIGN BY P HORA.  This larger vase measures approx 29 cms x 12 cms x 4 cms (H x W x D) and weighs 1950 gms.

Any info much appreciated.

WHOLE VASE

BASE OF VASE

BODY OF VASE

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 08:59:20 AM »
The design probably goes back to the days of Skrdlovice where it was first produced. Later it is likely to have been made by Beranek and after that business closed by Princ.

John

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand