No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Yet one more colour for Royal Brierley Studio....  (Read 2079 times)

Offline keith

• Members
Yet one more colour for Royal Brierley Studio....
« on: June 03, 2015, 12:39:24 PM »
Wasn't sure about this one at first it looked a bit like Heron glass but on closer inspection I'm sure now, dimensions match other similar vases but this one has an odd 'crease' down the side, fault during moulding maybe?

Offline orangeglass

• Members
    • ysart
    • UK
Re: Yet one more colour for Royal Brierley Studio....
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 01:10:47 PM »
Gorgeous colours - bet it looks lovely in the sunshine  :D

Make sure those shelves are strong enough!  ;)
Roberta

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 02:43:16 PM »
Thanks Roberta, in fact I've just re-inforced all the shelves the RB'y collection is on !  ;D ;D

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 03:29:11 PM »
The strong colours don't suggest Heron to me, I'm with you on this being a (very lovely!) bit of RB.  :)
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 04:26:24 PM »
Thanks Sue, I can't believe how many shapes and colours they produced, off to the archives again soon, maybe one day I'll find out !  ::) ;D ;D

Offline gpm

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • royal brierley studio
    • stourbridge
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2015, 09:19:31 AM »
Hi ,i have only recently realized that there is an interest in this glass, i used to do a little electrical work at the Tipton factory in the late eighties, and there was a factory shop on site where i used to purchase pieces, some seconds , every time i went there, so i have ended up with about 20 pieces . The one desribed with a fold in it is the same as one i have ,also with a small fold in it, only white in colour. I remember lots of colours available ,  from almost clear to deep blue .almost black.  I got so taken by the style that i even  to take my other half and our daughter there to chose pieces  now and again . These Studio pieces were made in molds , i know this as i saw this being done as i worked on the ovens/kilns being used, and also the lighting section in the same factory. I also had family and friends at the time who worked at the factory.

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2015, 11:22:32 AM »
Thank-you so much for joining in and giving us some more input - I'm sure Keith will have a lot of questions for you. You must have a wealth of interesting info from your time there!
Welcome! :)
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2015, 12:57:31 PM »
Sue is right, I've been researching RB'y Studio for about 2 years now with little success any information you might have, however small, would be of interest to me. I now have 101 pieces soon to be 102  ::) so collecting is now an obsession, oh and welcome, here's a few pieces..... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline brucebanner

• Members
    • Victorian glass
    • United Kingdom
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2015, 04:54:41 PM »
Hello Keith, third shelf down in the middle the vase with a pink and gold fleck, there is a different coloured version in the Staffie charity shop Cradely Heath high street for a fiver, it's got a chip in the rim, it was there Saturday. It's not signed. It's around the corner in the second part of the shop.
Chris Parry

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2015, 05:52:44 PM »
Thanks Chris, I'll try and get over there asap !  ;D ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand