No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: George Davidson pattern 51 vase in orange cloud glass.  (Read 2167 times)

Offline Morgan48

• Members
Re: George Davidson pattern 51 vase in orange cloud glass.
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2016, 04:41:42 PM »
Hi Chris

A really nice pair ...beautiful colour and trails ...... the reason for the slight difference in dimensions is that many of the Davidsons designs came out of the mould straight and then had the rims turned down by hand......on some of the bowls the difference can be quite dramatic..... Over the years I have seen them in every colour except topaz/briar ....imho the post war orange versions really did not work...no subtlety ...... cheers Gareth

Offline Morgan48

• Members
Re: George Davidson pattern 51 vase in orange cloud glass.
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2016, 04:56:16 PM »
Hi again Chris  .... Here is an example of what I was saying.... this is a bowl from the 1910 series but not one you will find in any of the catalogues....  from here it would have been shaped either flared, rolled over or cupped inwards..... excuse my descriptions but anno domini again has robbed me of my memory search and the correct terms.....they are in there somewhere but I'm sure you get the gist of what I'm rattling on about ..... Gareth

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand