No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Is this a Sowerby shoe  (Read 725 times)

Offline mrs vulture

• Members
    • Norwich, England
Is this a Sowerby shoe
« on: July 04, 2015, 11:45:46 AM »
I think the shoe is likely to be Sowerby, but I can't find one in the same pattern as this one. It's not got the Sowerby mark inside. It's got a lot in common with another pair I have which are marked which I have shown in the last photo. But also there are many differences too. The bows on the front are almost the same, the toe shape is the same. Everything else is different. Has anyone got a marked one so I know for sure its Sowerby?  Thanks, Cheryl

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline mhgcgolfclub

• Members
Re: Is this a Sowerby shoe
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 07:23:48 PM »
Hi Cheryl

I don't think it Sowerby .

In the book Shoes of Glass, there is another similar shoe which is shown in a catalog and dated 1914 from Josef Inwald Vienna, it also says that you shoe may also be Austrian.

Roy

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline mrs vulture

• Members
    • Norwich, England
Re: Is this a Sowerby shoe
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015, 08:07:44 PM »
Thank you Roy, I would never have thought of that. Obviously a similar design of shoe but with some changes so as not to be the same.  Thanks again, Cheryl

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand